Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Joovy Scooter x2 Double Stroller: At First Glance

My Joovy Scooter x2 Double Stroller came yesterday. I am getting ready to take the kids on our first big walk. (We tried it out yesterday, but we only went a few blocks.) Today will be a few miles instead.

At first glance/"test drive":
*PROS*
I LOVE the bright orange color. I love the overall look of the stroller. EASY peasy to put together. People stopped us while we were 'testing it out' last night because they wanted to see it closer and they thought it looked really fantastic. I love the big canopy/sun shade. Someone commented "They are completely out of the sun in that!" I have VERY fair skinned children, so this is extremely important to me. I love the adjustable seats. My (almost) 4 month old reclined all the way back and seemed to really like it.
*CONS*
I can see where the orange might get a little dirty rather easily. I'm 5'5'' and if I took a slightly longer than normal stride my foot would graze the break bar in the back of the stroller. It is kind of heavy. (That could be considered a pro too - meaning it is built tough and has good construction) I have a very old home and it doesn't fit through the interior doors, there is a screw on the side that catches every time. We could jiggle it to get it out the front door. By "we" I mean my husband. I can lift it easily enough and it fits through the door sideways pretty easily. So it's not that big of an issue.

I will be sure to have more updates on how I like it as time goes by. I want to give it a really good go before I make my final decision on the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment