Friday, February 7, 2014

Homemade Valentines - S'MORE MIX

Hello, hello!

My gal has been having such a blast this year at Preschool and she has made some great friends. We wanted to make sweet homemade valentines to let them know just how much they mean to her! Apparently when she is at public school next year the option to hand out adorable, edible, homemade valentines will be no more. So sad. 

Anyway, this year we can make 'em and so we are taking full advantage! I knew I wanted something edible, something kid friendly, and something adorable. I think these S'more Mix treat bags hit the mark! What do you think?


I am so behind on the times and only have Word Pad and Paint on my laptop...so, I found a photo of the basic marshmallow outlines, copy/pasted them into Paint and made them my own little squishy masterpieces. {Changed the mouth, added rosy cheeks, and lovey-hearts floating around} Then I just copy.pasted the finished picture into Word Pad, type out my text and voila! Adorably and delicious valentines! 

There are some super cute pre-made s'more favor tags on Etsy. For example these here and these here are super cute! But for frugal ol' me... I decided to go fully handmade!

This is sooooooo easy to do with the kids! The S'more Mix ingredients are:

Golden Grahams {I used the off-brand. Told ya I'm cheap!}
Marshmallows {again...uhh...off brand!}
Milk chocolate chips {Got the real thing here...I don't mess around when it comes to chocolate!}

In a large mixing bowl add all of your ingredients. I found it worked best to pour a little of each in, mix, pour a little more in and mix, so on and so forth. You can use a big spoon or be like us and use our freshly washed paws to mix the ingredients. 
My gal enjoyed this part, I'm sure your littles will too!

After all was mixed I measured out one cup of the S'more Mix and divided it into several sandwich size baggies. Before attaching my cute little handmade favor tags I was sure to let my gal address the valentines to her classmates! 
After all, we may as well show off our newly learned printing skills, right?

We worded the ones for her teachers a bit differently...

"The world needs S'MORE teachers like you!" 



I am so excited for her to hand these yummy little cuties out!

Wishing you a happy Valentine's Day!

Love always,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment